Thursday, July 19, 2007

Greetings from Phnom Penh, Cambodia

We arrived in Cambodia last night (Phnom Penh). My first Cambodian dinner was alright. It's similar to Thai and Vietnamese...so lots of rice, noodles and spicy soups. The poeple are amazing. They get a kick out of us trying to speak their language (Khmer). I can count to 20 in Khmer.

Today, we drove to Battambang where the festival and orphange is located. It's about a 5 hour drive, but it took us 6 1/2 hours. We have a 9 bus caravan. Half way here, of course my bus' transmission went out. My driver kept saying "No Problem, No Problem"; I think because that's all he knows how to say in English. When I originally got in bus the driver put on Enrique Iglesia. It thought that was so funny. Below is a picture of the town at night and my bus driver with these two boys who were so cute.




Tomorrow, we're painting the orphanage and getting prepared for the festival. The governement still hasn't granted us permission to host the festival in it's current location, so we may have to reset everything in another location. Please pray for that everything goes smooth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, praying for you ladies and Lance :)