Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'm in Heaven

No seriously! The last few days I've been playing with kids at the orphanage then enjoying the festival at night. I'm learning to speak Khmer! There so much to tell and I don't know where to start.

Yesterday, we dedicated the building at the orphanage. The kids sang songs and did a skit for us. They are so beautiful. I fell in love with a girl named Damer. She's 15 years old and speaks a little English. She had the most beautiful smile. When I was leaving she held my hand as we walked to the van. I opened the window to tell her "bye" again and she reached in and said,
"I love you so much". WOW! Our mission and theme is Hope For Cambodia, and that is definitely what we are doing.

There's another orphanage down the street for girls ages 4-10 years old. There are about 50 girls and all have been rescued either from rape or child traffic prostitution. There's a coalition on the border of Thailand and Cambodia dedicated to saving these girls from this lifestyle.

Tonight is our third and last night to host the Festival. A local band plays music then our band gets up and plays. No one in the crowd speaks English, but they praise God by clapping, dancing and jumping. It's amazing the number of lives that are being changed.

I've eaten chicken fried rice and pizza from the same restaurant for the last 3 days for lunch and dinner. I dreamed of it last night.

The hotel is decent, but we're not allowed to brush our teeth with the water.

God is good! I can't wait to post pictures of everything, and I can't wait to see what else God has planned.

Oh, this morning, my pastor asked me to go with him to a local church to share my testimony. I've learned a little Khmer, but there was an interpreter next to me. That was an amazing experience!

No comments: